Fredericksburg Pet Show
Pet Talent Contest Rules & Regulations
The contest, judging and awards ceremony will take place on Sunday, September 24th at 3pm at the Agility Demonstration Area at the back of the Exhibit Hall. The schedule for Contestants is as listed below:
1. Enter your pet starting at 1pm in the LOBBY on Sunday, September 24. Complete a Registration Form and receive a number.
2. Report to the back of the hall by the Demonstration Area by 1:45pm and line up in numerical order.
3. Pet Talent contest begins at 3pm sharp.
4. Have your pet perform their trick in front of the judges when your number is called.
5. Proceed directly to the table to pick up your thank you doggie bags.
6. Judging will take place following the contest.
7. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be announced and awarded prizes.
Judging will be based on: Creativity, Level of Difficulty and Overall Star Quality.
The winners will be selected by a panel of five judges, whose decisions are final and binding.
Each contestant will receive a score from 1 to 5, 5 being the highest, in each of the three categories. These three scores will be added together to get one cumulative score. The cumulative score from each judge will be added together to give each dog one final score. In the event of the tie, the highest score will be determined by audience applause.
Contestants who desire to participate in the Contest with their dogs and cats will be required to complete a registration form. Forms will be available in the front LOBBY of the Exhibit Hall near the Box Office on a first come, first serve basis. Completion of the registration form is required. All eligible contestants who register for the Contest will be considered during the preliminary round of judging. Ballantine Management Group of Virginia will prohibit you from participation in the contest, if at their sole discretion, you show a disregard for, or attempt to circumvent these Official contest rules or act: (a) in a manner that affects the administration, security, fairness or proper play or conduct of the Contest in any way; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other Participant or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner.
The participating Dog must be owned by the contestant; and the contestant and participating dog must be present at the contest stage at 2:30pm.